This wonderful old painting depicts the miraculous
catch of fish after our Lord's
resurrection. Apostles and fivefold ministers are called to work with
Jesus in building and repairing His great fishing net made-up of churches joined together through apostles and elders to form His one Church in the earth, the instrument of His Kingdom purpose to harvest the nations. Jesus is seen in the back of the boat as Lord of the harvest.
Dr. George Kouri, Chancellor of the Apostles Theological
Seminary is happy to announce that AM250 has started and remains open
AM250, The Work Of Apostles And Apostolic Companies In The 21st Century, both prepared and taught by George Kouri, is a strategic study of the calling, ministry, and governmental responsibilities
of apostles and apostolic companies or teams as established and modeled
by Jesus and the twelve, by Peter and the eleven, and Paul and his
company and preserved in the Canon of the New Testament. Careful
attention will be given to Scriptural definitions, Christ’s mandates
and instructions, apostolic models and strategies, and an evaluation of
the work of apostolic ministry over the last 2000 years with special
application to the current apostolic movement.
The word “apostle” is the single hottest word in theological circles
today, and the restoration of “apostolic ministry” is the thrust of one
of today’s major movements in the body of Christ. The goal of AM250 is
to understand and rediscover the role of apostles and apostolic
companies for the 21st Century and is essential for any minister of
Christ who wants to understand the work of Messiah’s Kingdom and serve
His Kingdom purpose in this generation.
Dr. C. Peter Wagner, who for many years taught missions and Church
growth at Fuller Theological Seminary, is one of the leading advocates
for the need for the restoration of apostles today and for a new
apostolic reformation. In May of 1996 Dr. Wagner convened The National Symposium on the Post-Denominational Church
at Fuller Seminary; the consensus of the panelists was that there are
still apostles and prophets in the Church, and that there is an
emerging Apostolic Movement that will revolutionize the 21st-century
Church. In his forward to Dr. Bill Hamon’s book, Apostles, Prophets, And The Coming Moves of God,
Wagner writes, “the fastest growing cutting edge of worldwide
Christianity in our times is what I like to call the New Apostolic
Reformation, previously referred to by some as independent churches or
nondenominational churches or post denominational churches or grass
roots churches or other kinds of names.”
The Enrollment key for this course is AM250. Submit this key when you first enroll in this course. To enroll go to http://ats.mrooms.net.
Official Text for AM250: The New Testament (Brother Kouri will
teach from the Greek, but all lessons will be adapted to English
Recommended Undergraduate Bibliography:
1. Apostles Prophets And The Coming Moves Of God by Bill Hamon published by Destiny Image. This book may be purchased at http://www.christianbook.com .
2. Apostles and the Emerging Apostolic Movement by David Cannistraci. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
3. The Gift Of Apostle by David Cannistraci, published by RegalBooks. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com (both new and used at a variety of prices beginning at $1.99).
4. Apostles and Prophets: The Foundation of the Church by C. Peter Wagner. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
5. Spheres of Authority: Apostles in Today’s Church by C Peter Wagner. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
6. The Restoration of the Apostles & Prophets: And How It Will Revolutionize Ministry in the 21st Century by Hector Torres, C Peter Wagner. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
7. Apostles Today: Biblical Government for Biblical Power by C Peter Wagner. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
8. Apostles of the City: How to Mobilize Territorial Apostles for City Transformation by C Peter Wagner. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
9. Apostles Today by C Peter Wagner. This book is available at http://www.alibris.com.
10. God’s Agenda by Ern Baxter, available at http://www.amazon.com.
11. Supernatural Architecture by Stan DeKovan, available at http://www.amazon.com.
12. Taking Our Cities For God: How To break Spiritual Strongholds by John Dawson, available from http://www.christianbook.com.
13. Possessing The Gates Of The Enemy by Cindy Jacobs, available from http://www.christianbook.com.
14. Team Ministry: Putting Together A Team That Makes Churches Grow by Dick Iverson, available for review at http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=538Q3ezN2lcC&dq=Dick+Iverson+Team+Ministry&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=uv7xym74E3&sig=SD9lw8asW6NzE11TEyV7l7WbaPE&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result.
Additional Graduate Student Bibliography:
1. Missionary Methods: St. Paul’s Or Ours by Roland Allan published by Wm. B. Eerdmans. This book may be purchased used at http://www.christianbook.com or at http://www.alibris.com.
2. The Training Of The Twelve by A.B. Bruce, available at http://www.alibris.com.
3. The Development Of Apostolic Preaching by C.H. Dodd, may be accessed online without charge. Click on http://www.religion-online.org/showbook.asp?title=539 and
you may review all three chapters of Dodd’s small but critically
important work simply by clicking on the chapter title. You may also
copy and quote without charge, but you can’t reproduce for commercial
4. The Vanguard Leader: A New Breed of Leader to Encounter the Future by Frank Damazio available at http://search.barnesandnoble.com.
5. Paul: Apostle Of The Heart Set Free by F. F. Bruce available for preview at http://books.google.com/books?id=kmWlKKB_iYgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Paul:+Apostle+Of+The+Heart+Set+free+by+F.+F.+Bruce&sig=ACfU3U0okTAOB7Hr5Co63Y1cpvKXYjDuSg.
6. The Spreading Flame by F.F. Bruce available for purchase at http://www.alibris.com.